Do you teach the same students for several years in a row? Have you run out of lesson ideas?
Lesson Starters Upper is a set of 100 cards full of interesting topics. They will help you plan lessons that suit your students’ level and interests.
The cards work for online classes and for printing.
This PDF material is divided into 50 topics, with two cards per topic:
Photo Card - to be used in the lesson, as a starter. Each one has a photo, a short introductory question and a minimum of 5 questions for discussion.
Teacher Notes cards - for teacher use only. These cards are the engine that drives the whole material. Each card has notes to help you plan lessons on a particular topic.
You’ll find there:
- interesting facts about this particular topic
- related topics
- grammar that can be practised
- vocabulary that can be introduced or revised
- ideas for communicative and/or group activities
The topics are in the following categories:
- Internet and social media
- Technology and the future
- Business and Finance
- Women's themes
- Light topics
- Serious topics
- Abstract topics
- Everyday life topics, but with a new, interesting take on them
What can you do with it?
If you don’t have an idea for a lesson, all you have to do is:
- Choose one topic from the set
- Use the Photo Card as you starter or warmer
- Use the Teacher Notes card in that topic to plan the rest of your lesson (introduce new vocabulary, practise grammar, conduct communicative or group activity)
Who is it for?
The material is intended for classes with adults at level B2 - C1. Some cards can be used for level B1 as well.
Check Lesson Starters for other levels HERE.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Read FAQ and our answers HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: email@example.com
This is an e-product.