Situations: Living Abroad is a set of over 150 activities and ideas for practising functional language skills.
Situations consists of 240 pages in PDF format.
The pack is divided into 10 topics: Bank, Renting a house, Job interview, At the hairdresser's, At the dentist's, Chatting with the locals, Saturday night, At the fitness centre, Car problems, Police.
Each one consists of the following sections: Dialogue, Photo Activities, React cards, Role Plays, Talk about it, Discuss, Word Bank. Additionally, some situations also have a section: Extra Activity.
In total, you get:
- 38 Dialogues - most common dialogues in 10 different scenarios. In each dialogue, most important phrases have been highlighted.
- 30 Photo Activities - each one has a photo and a short activity to do based on the photo. The activity requires the student to practise functional language.
- 80 React cards - short situations / problems that students have to react to.
- 30 Role Plays
- 30 Talk about it prompts - short prompts for speaking that require the student to use vocabulary connected with the particular situation.
- 30 Discussion Questions
- 11 Extra Activities - each one consists of 4 photos with a short activity that requires the student to use the functional language and vocabulary connected with the situation.
- 10 pages of Word Bank - most common vocabulary useful in these situations
- Teacher Notes - notes on how to use the material and additional ideas
- Printable React cards
- Printer-friendly version of the material.
For the price of a restaurant meal, you're getting a supply of materials which will save you hours of lesson prep time! Throughout the entire year.
- real-life situations in context with useful phrases to teach
- nearly 200 pages of materials that are ready to use in your classroom, with no prep
- activities in which students do all the work and practise the language
- materials which are heavily focused on communication
What can you do with it?
You can use it to plan full lessons - each section has been designed in a way that allows you to run a whole lesson by easily navigating between the different slides.
It is also great to use throughout the school year, supplementing different coursebooks topics, such as: travelling, shopping, health, ordering food, etc.
You can build an entire communicative English language course with this material.
With this material you can:
- prepare your students for communication in an English-speaking country
- introduce your students to topics which are very practical but rarely covered in a coursebook
- save your time on lesson prep: just load up the PDF 5 minutes before the lesson and know that it's going to do all the work for you
- have all you'll ever need for teaching functional language in one folder
- stop wasting time looking for the right materials or making your own
Who is it for?
Situations is aimed at adults and older teenagers.
It’s suitable for levels A2 – B1, and you can use some elements for level A1.
Read what other teachers are saying about our materials HERE.
Read FAQ and our answers HERE.
Get it in a bundle with Situations: On Holiday, and save money.
Check the bundle HERE.
Order processing: after paying for your order, an automatic e-mail with a link to download the material will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Please check all folders, including spam. Please, be aware that there might be a delay in processing, so if you don't receive your order within 24 hours, please contact us at: email@example.com
This is an e-product.